The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd

You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd
PegN — 12 Oct 1998, 9:50 PM

"It's Marie?!" yelled Peggy Lou. "What does she want?!Why would she be contacting us?What's going on?Do we need to send a message back?!" Barty took stock of all the questions then answered.

"First of all, keep your voice down. Let's go upstairs, have some tea and think about this." Barty was trying to stay calm, but was having a hard time. She led the way upstairs.

"Tea, hell! I think I need a Mexican style ChiChi...no whipped cream. Bloody hell!"

Upstairs, making tea, Barty told her what was in the message from Marie.

"It would seem that your friend has tracked you to Voyager City..."

"What?!" interrupted her sister. "How could he? This town's not even on any map that I know of. I didn't think he could find me here. How did this happen?"

"Well, if you'll let me finish..." was the aggravated reply. "We've both got trouble. It seems that a man answering to John Luke's description turned up in Rendlesham Forest in the U.K."

"Holy Cow! John Luke? Those idiots! He's not supposed to turn up any time soon. What do they think they're doing!"

"Well if it is him, we're safe for now anyway. Seems his memory has been erased, what do you call it....amnesia. Anyway, his appearance there happened under rather, uh, unusual circumstances, so your friend went to investigate."

"Stop calling him my friend." snapped Peggy Lou so quickly that Barty ached her eyebrows questioningly. "Sorry," she apologized. "So what's all this got to do with us? So the guy looks like John Luke, so what?"

"So he gets shown a picture. You know, the one taken of you at Devil's Tower? The picture you carelessly let be taken of you."

"Well, excuse me, I didn't see that photographer and the light blinded me before I could get to him. Next thing I knew, he was gone. And how was I to know that my eyes would show up glowing red in a colorless picture?"

"Look, it's too late for all these questions. Marie says one of us needs to come to Roswell. I'll volunteer. I'll leave tonight."

"But what about Sevenita's trial? What do I tell Marshal Tuvok and Miss Darrow? And more importantly, what do I tell Vinnie?"

"No one's going to convict Sevenita. Judge Riker will see to that even if Miss Darrow isn't her ususal brilliant self. As to Vinnie, just tell him I said Look At Us, I Still Believe In You and Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away, The Heart Won't Lie."

"Blechhh." was PegL's anwer.

Barty packed a few things and disappeared into the night.