The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

The Search For Bob

RE: Voyager City II: The Story Continues
Cmdr. 8472 — 15 Sep 1998, 8:38 PM

Here's my contribution to Voyager City. I dunno where it goes on the timeline, but oh, well.

Tom and B'Elanna were wandering around the DeltaQ Ranch, making sure the Kazon weren't causing any more trouble, when they saw a figure sprinting in the distance. Apparently seeing them, the person ran towards them, followed by a Hirogen.

The pair soon realized that she was a girl of 13 or 14. Upon reaching them, she promptly slipped in some mud and fell. Sitting on the ground, staring at the grass, she inquired, "Where am I? Can you help me? They're gonna kill Bob!"

Upon seeing the other two, the Hirogen kept his distance, giving the startled Tom and B'Elanna time to figure out what was going on.

"The Hirogen," the girl babbled on, "they hunt people from other tribes. They already got Bob. He was my friend. I'm a member of the 8472 tribe, you see. We're kind of at war; the Hirogen don't like us, and-"

"Wait, hold on a sec," interjected Tom. "Who are you?"

"Me?" she asked, still staring at the grass. "I'm-" she looked up at Tom, and said in a quiet, shy voice, "hi."

"That's your name?" asked B'Elanna, eyeing her suspiciously.

"No," answered the girl, in a more confident tone. "I'm Kat. I know it may sound like a funny name to you, but it's still my name. Now, can you help me, or not?"

That's it so far, I might post more tomorrow. Assuming the keyboard lets me. Grrr. Today has not been a good day. And my keyboard broke, I had to call tech support, there voice mail was busted, I got hung up on by a tech support guy, and then I found out that the pins in the keyboard adapter were bent and I had to take pliars and bend them back with my dad holding a flashlight so I could see the pins. And, like I said, I didn't start out in the best of moods to begin with.

-Cmdr. 8472 :-) (Now, where'd I put that Robyn CD? *starts to sing* Sometimes life can be a bumpy ride, sometimes it feels like you're drivin' with covered eyes, and you listen to your friend who's in the car by your side, they say they've got your map; what if your friends are tellin' lies?...)


RE: Voyager City III: The Neverending Story
Cmdr. 8472 — 16 Sep 1998, 5:09 PM

ok, second part to my story, I now being in a slightly better mood than yesterday. And yes, I do like telling my stories through dialogue and dialogue tags.

Walking back to talk to Miss Kathryn, Kat continued to study the ground. It was when she almost ran into the side of the house that she started to look around.

"Where am I?" she inquired, having received no answer to her question earlier.

"This," said a new voice, "is the DeltaQ Ranch." The speaker, Kathryn Janeway, stepped through the doorway.

"Hihi," said Kat. "I've heard of this place. The other 8472s speak of it often. But it's far from where we live."

"Yes, we thought they would," said B'Elanna, who had been silent the whole walk here.

"You're an 8472?" asked Kathryn, sounding slightly alarmed.

"Yes," answered Kat, "why are you so surprised?"

"No reason," Tom cut in quickly.

"We were wondering," Kathryn began again, "why it is that there was only one Hirogen."

"Oh, all the rest went back. This ranch is really far away from both the Hirogen and 8472 tribes. And he didn't shoot me because he didn't have his gun, he dropped it by accident over a cliff a while back."

"So, no more of them are coming?" asked Kathryn.

"No, I don't think so," Kat answered. "That Hirogen was actually kind of crazy to chase me so far away from his tribe. He was hoping I'd get tired and collapse. He couldn't catch me anyway. I'd slice him to shreds." She held out her hands, showing her long, sharp claws.

Kathryn breathed a slight sigh of relief. "That's one less thing to worry about."

"Yeah, but I think you should know that on my way here, I went by some of the Kazon camps," Kat said, "and they look like they're preparing for war."


Part 3
Cmdr. 8472 — 16 Sep 1998, 6:34 PM

The next day...

"...and this is our plan. The Kazon have never beaten us before, and they won't now." Kathryn finished her long, drawn-out speech, and noticed that Kat had a slightly glazed-over look on her face. "Are you listening?"

"Yes, of course I am," answered Kat, still with a kind of far-away look, what she called her 'Assembly Face.'

"Good," said Kathryn. "Now, you, Tuvok, and Tom are going to see where exactly these Kazon camps are. They could have moved since you last saw them."

The three left and set out for the last place Kat had seen the Kazon camps.

"You weren't really listening, Kat," joked Tom.

"Yes I was! Kind of, sort of. Ok, I was half-listening," responded Kat with a sheepish grin.

They soon saw an encampment, with many people preparing for what would be a huge war.

Creeping up to the edge of the camp, they looked around.

"Those are not Kazon," remarked Tuvok. "Kathryn will not be pleased."

"So I made a mistake. Nobody's perfect," said Kat, a little weakly.

The three quietly snuck off to warn the ranch, leaving the hundreds of Hirogen to ready for battle.

p.s. So I got sick of Kazon. So? *L* Anyway, it's WEDNESDAY! VOYAGER DAY!
Anyway, I think somebody else is going to have to take over writing this pretty soon.


Part 4
Cmdr. 8472 — 17 Sep 1998, 7:13 PM

Ok, here's part 4. Sorry, I have a song stuck in my head and I'm trying to figure out how to write this part. AAAAAA! STUPID SONG!

"B'Elanna," said Miss Kathryn, "you and Chakotay go back to the Hirogen camp and see how strong their fighting force is."

"Whaddabout me?" wailed Kat. "What if Bob's there? He could be there, and he'd be a better help than anybody in a battle against the Hirogen!"

"You," contined Kathryn, "are to stay here and help at the ranch."

"AAAAAAAA!" screamed Kat, running up the stairs to the spare room of the house, where she was staying. "Nobody listens to me! You don't care! You wish I'd never come here!"

"She'll get over it," said Chakotay, seeing Kathryn's pained look at the girl's reaction.

Later that day:

"Chakotay, shut up!" hissed B'Elanna. She was not in the best of moods, having argued with Tom before setting out for the Hirogen camp.

"I didn't say anything!" Chakotay whispered back.

"Yeah, but they way you're stomping around, they'll be able to hear you in the big city!"

They were creeping near the edge of the Hirogen camp.

"It looks like they've brought all the Hirogen in the country for this war!" whispered Chakotay.

"Well, I'd be able to see, too, if you'd mo-"

"Don't move," said a voice.

Chakotay and B'Elanna turned around to see a Hirogen warrior towering over them, in battle-armor and war paint, a pistol in his hand.


Part 5 (sheesh, this is becoming a long story)
Cmdr. 8472 — 18 Sep 1998, 4:48 PM

"Ma," said Tom, "I'm getting worried, B'Elanna and Chakotay should be back by now."

It was getting really late; the sun had already set.

"Ok, ok," sighed Kathryn, "you can go try to find them tomorrow. But be careful."

"I will," replied Tom.

Meanwhile, Kat was upstairs putting as much food as she could into her plaid backpack. Once she had her supplies, she quietly opened the window and crept out, landing quietly on the ground. She looked around to see if anyone had heard her, then quickly snuck away.

Creeping around the edge of the Hirogen camp, she looked around.

"Hey!" whispered a voice. "Kat, is that you?"

Recognizing the voice, she crept closer to a tent in the center of the camp. Not wanting to risk alerting the guards by the entrance, she cut the side of the tent with her claws. She entered the tent and looked around.

"Kat, what are you doing here?" whispered a voice.

"B'Elanna?" asked Kat in a hushed tone.

"Of course! Now, get us out of here!"

"Hold on a sec," replied Kat.

Looking around, she saw Chakotay trying to cut the ropes tying his hands together.

"That's not gonna work," she whispered.

"Kat?" inquired another voice. Chakotay and B'Elanna jumped, having not realized that there was someone else there.

"Is that who I think it is?" asked Kat.

"Yeah, Kat. It's Bob."

"Bob? I know I've heard that name before," said Chakotay. "Bob, Bob, oh, Bob as in Species 8472's best warrior? Really?"

Bob chuckled. "I guess so. Kat's kind of like my apprentice."

"Sorry to interrupt, but we kinda have to get out of here," stated B'Elanna, standing up.

They crept out of the tent and ran back to the ranch.

p.s. You people have given me ideas for more fanfic. Like Voyager as 8th grade students. *L*
Can't wait for the Halloween dance! :-) And now I have a cute lab partner (and when I say cute, I mean like as cute or cuter than the Helm Boy). *LOL*


Part 6
Cmdr. 8472 — 19 Sep 1998, 9:46 PM

ok, here's another part to my story. I'm listening to my Robyn CD while writing this.

Back at the ranch:

Chakotay, B'Elanna, and Bob were eating breakfast in Kathryn's kitchen. Kat had fallen asleep in her chair, after declaring that she was not at all hungry.

"Ok, everybody," Kathryn stormed into the room. "The Hirogen will probably attack tomorrow. We need to be ready. Kat? KAT! WAKE UP!"

"Idowannagetupitstooearly," mumbled Kat. "Lemmesleep."

Bob said, "The 8472 tribe is actually shadowing the Hirogen."

"Really?" asked Kat, beginning to eat breakfast.

"Yeah," replied Bob, "the Hirogen think us weak because of our single defeat by the Borg. They're in for a surprise."

"What about the ranch?" asked Kat.

Bob replied, "Oh, we won't attack the ranch. Don't worry about that."

"Well, can we go to the 8472 camp?" asked Kathryn. "We're the ones who are going to be attacked by the Hirogen, remember?"

"Sure, I don't see a problem with that," said Bob.

"I'll be back in a second; I want to go find my backpack; I left it outside somewhere," stated Kat, and left the house.

Everyone went back to quietly eating breakfast, when gunshots echoed through the ranch.

"What was that?!" asked an alarmed Chakotay.

B'Elanna yelled, "The Hirogen are attacking!"