The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

Still Trapped!

The Cave IV: Still Trapped!
Vickie T. — 2 Oct 1998, 8:49 PM

It sounded like voices, shouting, from up above. Tom ran over under the opening in the cavern's ceiling and began to shout. "Hello! Is anybody up there? We're down here! Can you hear us? Hello! Help!" Tom's head sagged and his shoulders slumped as he realized that whoever had been up there hadn't heard his shouts and was moving away.

"Well," he said, as he walked back to take a seat just out of Chakotay's reach, "I guess we're still trapped."

The two men sat in silence for some time. Finally, Chakotay spoke. "I heard that Harry told your Mother about the Kazon stealing her jewelry." Tom grunted in reply. "So," Chakotay asked, "just how did you pay off your gambling debts?" Figuring that there was no longer any reason to keep it a secret since the loan was paid in full, Tom explained his arrangement with Miss Julie and the bank.

Again, both men fell silent, lost in thought. After some time had passed, Chakotay asked Tom to bring him some more water. When Tom handed over the hat full of water, Chakotay said, "You'll have to wait a while."

Tom looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"Well," Chakotay replied, "I can't walk her down the aisle with a broken leg, now, can I?"

"Yes, sir. I mean no, sir. I mean, yes, sir, we'll wait," Tom stammered, with a big grin on his face.

Suddenly, the grin vanished. "I haven't actually asked her yet. What if she says no?"

It was Chakotay's turn to grin. [Author's note: and a d@mn fine lookin' grin it was, too.]

Both men once again fell silent, but this time the atmosphere in the cavern was noticeably warmer.