The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

Social Pleasantries

Social Pleasantries
Leonie — 24 Sep 1998, 6:40 AM

"May I cut in"

SPLASH

Cold water on a drunk could not have been more effective. Judge Riker smiled up at Lee-Marie. To his credit, Mr. Chakotay smiled graciously.

"Of course"

*H&LL NO!!!!! Chakotay get back here!!!! I finally get you away from Kathryn and into my arms and this...this.....big walking hormone comes and cuts in. Arrrg*

The thoughts spewed out of Lee-Marie's head as she bowed graciously and Judge Riker guided her into his arms. He may have been leading in the dance, but Lee-Marie kept him as far away from her as possible. Her arms hurt from being extended for so far. She sighed.

one....two ....three

one...two...three

*No I'm not getting any closer to you*

one....two ....three

one...two...three

*Ouch...Hey that's my foot*

one....two ....three

one...two...three

* You dance just about as well as Mr. Chakotay rides a horse mister, this is the worst dance I've ever had*

Lee-Marie had to concentrate hard for this dance in order to pull it off. Riker was getting on her nerves by the minute. What she needed was a diversion. She had seen the way Judge Riker was looking at her and she had to diffuse what she knew would ensue if he was as drunk as he smelled. Still if she couldn't, Ole Joe was in the special holder in her boot. A Lady can never be too careful.

"Judge, have you lived in this town a long while?"

"Why all my life"

"Have the Janeways lived here long?"

If she was going to go throw this torture, she may as well get something out of the Judge that she wanted. She certainly wasn't going to accept what he wanted.