The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

...Is That It Can Be Resolved...

is that it can be resolved.....
Leonie — 2 Oct 1998, 9:41 AM

.....is that it can be resolved......: Leonie

The two women faced off. A long silence ensued as the two women's thoughts raged. It was reflected in the air around the House. Nothing moved. It was as if the whole Delta Q had been evacuated of all life and the land waited in fear and trepidation for the results of this battle. There were no crowing of roosters. Neomi the dog was no where to be found. Her usual scraping noises on the wood floors of the Ranch house were noticeably absent. The grandfather clock in the hall way did not chime, it seemed not to tick after a time. All that was, held its breadth.

Miss Kathryn spoke first, her voice low and even.

"What do you want?"

"I want nothing that you have, but I want to keep what I have. My job and my man."

Miss Kathryn sat in her chair behind the desk. She didn't lean into it, her back was ram-rod straight.

"Quite frankly, I'm glad. I'm not going to lie. I need you to be on this cattle drive. I know that you can ride and herd with the best of them and I'm going to need every good man I've got out there."

Lee-Marie ignored the dig.

"What happens after will be up to you. I'm going to play it by ear. As for Chakotay, there's nothing there that warrants this kind of animosity."

What was it that made these grown people lie to themselves like that? Lee-Marie knew what she had seen. There was a lot there, and it stirred up every doubt she had about her own relationship and raised her hackles.