The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

Getting Down To Business

Getting down to business
Leonie — 24 Sep 1998, 6:42 AM

"Lady Jadzia."

Thomas Magnum bowed and Lee-Marie did a curtsy. She extended her hand and he took it and kissed it.

"It is good to see you."

"Likewise Mr. Magnum."

"When your mother heard that you were here in Voyager City and I told her that I had business here, she insisted that I see you, to make sure that your were all right."

Lee-Marie smiled. It had been a long time since her name and title had been used to address her.

"Tell Mama for me I'm fine, taking care of myself." Lee-Marie glanced around her quickly, they were at the edge of the dancing area and she didn't want to take a chance on anyone overhearing her. She guided Mr. Magnum to a quieter place.

"You said that you were in need of our services in your message to the Hirogen Detective Agency?"

"Yes. Mama has agreed to handle the finances, I sent word to her of my intentions. I would like you to run a background check for me on three people who live here in Voyager City."

Mr. Magnum took out a small note pad and began to write.

"I want you to find out about Miss Kathryn and her son Tom Janeway and also their foreman Mr. Chakotay Torres. I want to know everything there is to know about them. Especially Miss Kathryn and her son Tom, when was he born etc. See if you can't find any witnesses alive who were present at his birth."

When Lee-Marie had observed Tom and his Mama before the dance, she finally put her finger on what their behavior reminded her of. And there was also that strong resemblance that he had to .......

"Check your Washington contacts, see if anyone knows of any politician has had any contact with the Janeways in the past, at any time. If there is anyway that their paths could have crossed."

Tom put his notebook away and smiled at Lee-Marie.