The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

VC Compleat: The Trial Of Sevenita

The Reverend and the Gunslinger....
PegN — 27 Sep 1998, 10:47 PM

The Reverend's mind was in turmoil. It wasn't only the predictament of the lovely Sevenita occupying his mind although that was the most important thing to him now. But a new twist had occured...and it could mean his life as well.

Earlier he had seen Marshal Marshall Tuvok speaking to Miss Peggy Lou and her brother, Bart, who played piano at Miss Maxine's (which by the way, why was it that Mz. Barty and her twin brother, Bart, were never seen together at the same time?). He knew Marsh was asking Mr. Bart as to his twin's whereabouts so he could question her regarding the gunshot she heard that fateful night of Jabin Ogla's death. The Reverend walked over to listen in on the conversation, noticing that Mr. Bart's mustache seemed a little crooked. The trio greeted him as he joined them. As they discussed the events surrounding Jabin's death, Reverend Windes happened to look into the crowd and quickly averted his face as a young gunslinger walked by with the Janeway girl.

"The Boston Kid!" he thought in alarm. "What in the h~ll was he doing here, in Voyager City, of all places?"

Noting the stricken look on the Revenend's face, Marshal Tuvok gave him a concerned look. "Are you not well, Andrew?"

The former bank forecloser-turned gunslinger-turned bounty hunter-turned pastor felt his trigger finger twitch, but forced his face and voice to be impassive.

"I'm alright, Marshal Marshall," he replied. "I'm just concerned that justice be done for an innocent young girl." And that the Boston Kid and I don't meet face to face before he finally leaves town, he thought. Aloud he said, "We must find Mz. Barty and question her about the gunshot she heard."

"She'll turn up," assured Miss Peggy Lou. "She's probably doing some practicing with Mr. Gill, the church vocalist, for Sunday's service, right Bart? I said right, Bart?" She elbowed her brother.

"Uh, oh yeah, right." He replied holding his fingertips to his mustache. "I'll go look for her and send her over to you, Marshal Tuvok." With that, Bart left to search for his sister.


VC : Trial of the Century (Part 5)
Eric — 4 Oct 1998, 4:38 PM

Jury Duty!

(Whew! I think I am about 3 quarters of the way through this story. I want to get this epoch finished before year 5 starts, so look for this to end sometime next weekend. The beginning of this one should fix any continuity errors from the part 4, but as old Mike is about to explain, maybe they weren't errors!!)

A pause in the story

Old Mike paused in his tale, Jason was sitting nearby finishing a few notes before the next chapter. Nurse Ande was taking a break from her duties and had decided to listen in on the tale. But I have a question Mike, Jason was saying "The Unofficial Guide to Voyager City, states that Miss Kate never was at your Gunshop on the day of the fire!", he pulled a huge dusty book the size of several phonebooks out of his backpack. Here, see, on page 3,458 paragraph 5.

Hah!!, laughed the ancient man sitting in the wheelchair. That's the story Kate and I came up with! I told her to tell that Canadian reporter that she got the story at the ball. She was supposed to be their anyway after all. You have to remember when this was whippersnapper (he really liked that term, thought Jason) back then it wasn't proper for a wealthy widow like Miss. Kate to be seen with another man so soon after her husband died.

"But it was OK for them to wear skintight leather", laughed Ande. "And watch strip shows", blushed Jason.

WHACK, Old Mike's cane came crashing down on the table, "Who's telling this story??".

After waiting for his heart monitor to settle down, the Old Timer continued his story...

The Delta Q Ranch

The fires where long out but the damage remained as a grim reminder of how close they had come to loosing the entire complex. Ayala was comforting his family, they had lost his entire ranch style house. B'ellana had gone out for a ride to clear her head, while Chakotay, with a bandage around his head, was tending to the horses that had survived. "Come along Shuttle 47, there's a good horse". The Boston Kid, was helping Miss. Kate with repairing a part of the barn that had collapsed, when Kes came running up to him. "Judge Riker says he wants to talk to Sevenita about the Neelix's notebook". We should be there for the questioning, said Kes. Miss. Kate smiled and said "Don't worry about this, the two of you should go".

The Nistrim plains

The young woman was with the Rose tattoo was riding her small but horse on her way to Voyager City. "Jury Duty, I can't believe Judge Riker was able to find me!", sighed the young woman. The wind blew her raven dark hair around under her cowboy hat. Come on Raider! She gave her Maqui bred horse a boot as they rounded a bend in the trail.

Right into a group of Nistrim guards! "Stop female!", hissed the head guard. "You must pay us a toll to continue!", laughed the guard. "I am Duga Nistrim, I work for Cullah Nistrim who owns this land". What is your name? Demanded Duga, as the other Kazon closed in on the young woman. "Come on, don't you recognize me, she smiled as she put up her hat, revealing the distinctive Bajoran nose ridges. One glove encased hand slid down to a remarkably large gun.

"Rose Lauren!", screamed one of the Nistrim henchmen! "The most feared Maqui of all!" wailed another. "But we heard you died with the rest of Eddington's band in the badlands", Duga was getting worried. "Not quite", Rose's gun was almost out, hidden by her long jacket. She kicked raider in the ribs and knowing the drill he roared forward like the Delta Flyer, catching Duga in the ribs, while the large gun hurled fiery death into the ranks of the Nistrim.


VC : Trial of the Century (Part 6)
Eric — 4 Oct 1998, 4:39 PM

Old Mike's Gunshop

Mike was putting in his boots. Tonight he thought. He and Rev. Windes were going to free Sevenita from prison. He walked into his shop and looked at his shotgun. Could he do it? He had to! Rev. Windes was his favorite pastor and he would do anything to help him, but breaking the law was something different. Suddenly big Jim the fireman walked into the shop. "Windes says to meet him at 8 in front of Sandrines, I'm going to be there also!". Suddenly Jim snapped his heels together and raised his arms in traditional YAM (a club of young men in Voyager city) salute and yelled "For the Borg babe!". Mike clumsily returned the salute and the cheer (it was a long time since he was in the club).

Voyager City Jail : 6:00

Eric and Kes were walking down main street when a large Carriage pulled up and a stunning woman stepped out and greeted them. "Hello", the woman spoke with a heavy accent, " My name is Diana, I have come from the Betazed town, to serve my Jury duty can you tell me what the best hotel in town is?", the beautiful Betazoid must not be used to the thin air in Voyager City thought Eric due to the huge breaths she was taking straining her dress buttons. "Agghhh", said the Gunslinger. He tried again, "Most folks stay at the Ritz Kradin, mam", wheezed Eric, his eyeballs glued to Diana's chest. Kes smiling sweetly pointed the way for the gorgeous woman while her foot mashed down on the Gunslinger's. I think I see Marshal Tuvok, let's go Eric, amd they proceeded into the Jail House.

The Nistrim Plains : 6:15

Rose was having fun. A lot of fun. It had been such along time since she was able to cut loose like this. She laughed as she unloaded on a poor Kazon his body flying a good ten feet off his horse. Like magic there was no more Kazon to see.

Wham! The shot came from behind her. She spun around in time to see a Kazon fall behind her.

A older Blonde woman was standing behind him. Her hair was very short and she wore a Starfleet Calvery uniform she smiled "Hello, my name is Tasha, I'm on my way to jury duty". Rose frowned "I heard you were dead, fell into a oil well or something".

"Yeah, that was quite a party", sighed Tasha. "I will tell you about it on the way", and they continued on the way to Voyager City.


VC : Trial of the Century (Part 7)
Eric — 5 Oct 1998, 8:40 PM

A Clockwork Data

(Well, I should finish up the preliminary stuff with this installment and the Trial will start next)

A Few Days Ago

Old Mike took a drink of water and paused his story for a few minutes. "OK Mike, let's see, for jurors we have Rose Lauren, Tasha Yar, and Diana Troi", read Jason, "That's three, who else was on the jury?". I'm going to get to that next answered Mike, the next juror is a very unusual case.

A long, long time ago : Voyager City

Kat was playing some one on one with young Naomi Wildman the only other kid in town it seemed. Her aerodynamic head and long legs were great for those slam dunks her species was well known for, not to mention how easy her long claws made controlling the ball. She only wished she had a mouth so she could engage in some friendly trash talking to her opponent. Just then she heard the Delta Flyer entering the station.

Please wait here, I want to see if any new jurors show up on the train , she sent to Naomi. Then with long bounds of her clawed legs she headed to the train. Naomi wasn't sure why, but she started having dreams of Borg Indians heaped into tidy little piles after that.

Kat was on the platform when the passengers started to disembark. She didn't know why but some of the passengers let out long shrieks of terror when they saw her. You would think they never saw a 8472 warrior maid before! When she saw the most unusual site, a older human female with red-blonde hair and a tall clockwork man! The woman was dressed in a fine Starfleet Calvery uniform and the man was dressed in a very bright orange suit. The Clockwork man whirred and clanged over to speak with her.

"Excuse me miss", he rasped in a mechanical voice "We require lodging for the night". The woman smiled a finished for her mechanical companion "I am Dr. Crusher and this is Clockwork Data, we are from Enterprise City, here to serve on the Sevenita trial".

Most visitors get rooms over at the Ritz-Kradin Hotel sent Kat . Can you tell me what that garish color is? Kate asked Crusher. It seemed that she could not talk directly to Clockwork Data, his mind was only gears and springs.

"Why he designed that color himself, he calls it Clockwork Orange". Kat felt a little sick.

Just then a fierce Borg Indian got off the train. He turned to Kat and in that colorful way of Borg Indians asked Kat "Species 8472, you will lend assistance to this drone. I am here to render aid to Drone Seven of Nine who has been falsely accused of murder", my name is to long for your Species but I have been named Hugh by other tribes who have not been assimilated".


VC : Trial of the Century (Part 8)
Eric — 5 Oct 1998, 8:42 PM

Quarks Bar : 6:30

"I don't care if you have jury!!", screamed Quark. "I can't run the bar without my strip poker girls!!! He felt like he was in a losing battle as he faced off with his three best poker girls. Megan was pouting, while Jenny soothed her and Leeta was frowning at him. "Quark, it's the LAW, we have to go on Monday, if you don't Marshall Tuvok will be here to arrest us all!", Leeta walked over to Quark and started stroking his ears. "No!!! Not the ears!", wailed Quark. He knew he was going to lose this one, but he had to say something to have the last word : "This jury duty is coming out of your vacation time you know!".

Worf looked up from his drink, "I have jury duty as well", grumbled Worf. "I am not looking forward to it, it is not as exciting as battle". A tall graying man at the other end of the bar wearing a strange uniform identifying him has a member of the 58th Starfleet Calvery spoke up :

"I don't want to hear your belly aching MISTER!!, This one is on the ground!! We will utilize a notebook and pencil. We will use our Marine instincts to judge fact and fiction and make up our minds if the sweet sexy Seven is innocent or guilty! No matter what the verdict is we will then ask her on a date and propose marriage! If she says yes we will carry her to our glorious Hammerhead Class horse named Wildcard and carry her away to marital bliss!!! DO YOU READ ME SOLDIER?????"

"SIR YES SIR!!!!!" wailed Worf.

"Then move it out!!!", screamed Col. T.C. (sometimes known as Top Cat) McQueen as he marched Worf out of the bar. It was very quit after that.

Madame D'Alaireux's Wagon : 7:00
D'A looked at the paper in her hands :

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SERVE AS JUROR IN THE TRIAL OF THE SEXY BORG BABE SEVEN, AS WE DECIDE IF SHE KILLED JABIN OLGLA (WHO WAS GOING TO GET WHACKED ANYWAY) AS WE OBSERVE HER ICY, GORGEOUS , AND YET SOMEHOW VULNERABLE BODY AND PROCLAIM HER INNOCENT OR GUITY IN A TRIAL THAT WILL BE SURE TO GET ME ON THE SUPREME COURT FOR SURE!

Judge Riker

D'A crumpled the paper in her hands, surely this was destiny! She was being called by the second chosen one. She new it!

Sevenita's cell : 7:30

"OK Sevenita, time to talk", said Eric


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 9) Part 9??? I need a life...
Eric — 7 Oct 1998, 4:58 PM

(Well, OK, so I lied! But look at it this way, It's late Sunday and the Trial starts on Monday! I SWEAR, the Trial WILL start in the next installment! Special thanks go to Shirly Manson of Garbage for giving Sevenita her singing voice!)

The Coffee Nebula : Old Folks Home

Mike took a long drink of water. "This next part is a tough one. That darn Windes fellow was always getting me into trouble!" Jason picked up his pencil again...

Just outside Voyager City : Sunday 7:30

Dukat sat down and looked at his saddlebag. He opened it to check inside. "You may have defeated me once Kathryn, but not this time". He looked up at the night sky and smiled. This time tomorrow Kathryn Janeway and anyone at the Sevenita Trial would be only a memory.

The Voyager City Sheriff's Office

Clare Darrow, Kes Janeway, Eric and Marshall Tuvok where all in Tuvok's small conference room seated at the rickety table. Sevenita sat facing them in the room's only pool of light. Very slowly Sevenita crossed her legs.

"That was SO HOT!" cheered Eric, "She looks just like Sharon Stone in...ouch!!!", Kes smiled sweetly as she removed her pointed boot heel from Eric's foot. "Marshall Tuvok, are we ready to begin?". Tuvok nodded at Judge Riker. "Sevenita wishes to tell you what she has told me while I questioned her, Miss Darrow is present as her lawyer." Sevenita, you may begin now.

Sevenita began to talk.

Main Street : 8:00

Old Mike was outside Sandrines bar. Inside he could hear the place just starting to come to life. He could hear loud laughter. Only Worf could laugh like that he thought. He saw two women ride by, one was dressed like a Bajoran and the other in a Starfleet calvery uniform. He folded his longcoat over his pistol. Where was Windes and Big Jimbo? Wait, there they were. The Reverend motioned him to join them. "Gentlemen", he bowed his head, "We must pray for Sevenita's deliverance tonight!" The three men bowed their heads and began to pray. "Dear Lord, we know it is a affront to your rightous eyes to have such a lovely spandex clad babe locked up! Yea, Lord, we ask your divine help in freeing her so that we may drool over her Catsuit. Help us to set your most perfect creation free!!", as the Reverend finished his prayer it was as if a great light lit up inside him, his eyes were glowing with a holy fire that hadn't been there before.

"THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR BORG BABE!!", screamed the Reverend in religious ecstasy.

"Your supposed to be cheering now", the good reverend informed Jim and Mike.


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 9B)
Eric — 7 Oct 1998, 5:00 PM

The Sheriff's Office

"The events in question started last week while I was singing at Quark's", started Sevenita. " My band, Borg Barbie was starting it's last set..."

One week ago

Jabin Olga wandered into Quark's. He needed a drink. Lately it seemed that he could never satisfy his father Kaze. He could never work hard enough, or bully enough people to make him happy. Almost immediately he saw that Quark's was packed tonight. He got his drink from Rom and wandered over to a table just in time to see Quark climb onto the stage.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I know present Voyager City's biggest act....BORG BARBIE!!!", and the curtains opened revealing the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Sevenita looked out at the crowd, then glanced at her lead guitarist Kira who nodded that she was ready. She glanced at her bass player Ezri Dax who smiled, then she did a quick check on Vanson, her drummer and nodded. She grabbed the mike, "This ones called Supervixen!!!" And the crowd went wild!

And I'll feed your obsessions....
Jabin could not believe how incredible this Sevinita was. He let the music slid through him and over him like a wave.

Make a whole new religion....

He HAD to have her. He HAD to!

This thing you will never doubt, This thing you'll never doubt

Kira's guitar solo seemed to be screaming into Jabin's brain as he got up and lurched towards the dressing rooms as Sevenita took her bows.

Kira was the first inside the dressing room and she turned on the light and screamed! Sevenita ran inside and saw Jabin sitting there with a gun in his hand. "Now everyone relax, I'm just here for my date".

"We are not having a date" said Sevenita in her flattest voice.

"Yes we are, my good friend here says so", he pointed his gun at her.

"Your weapon is insufficient for the task", she smiled. Jabin roared at her and jumped up lightning fast, while Sevenita's arm shot out with Borg Indian speed. Knocking the gun out of his hands as it went off, the bullet grazing her shoulder (That is how my fingerprints were on the gun ).

"Jabin ran out of my dressing room after that. I ran after him with his weapon, I saw him push poor Morn out of the way and run into the street. When I got there I heard a go fire and Jabin fell to the ground. I saw a dark shadow run down the street but before I could chase him Marshall Tuvok stopped me." finished Sevenita. "And now I wish to clear my name tomorrow.

"No Sevinita!!", screamed Rev. Windes as he knocked the door down. "The Lord wants you to come with ME!!" as the three men entered the room weapons drawn.


I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy
PegN — 8 Oct 1998, 9:31 PM

Miss Peggy Lou checked the locks on the front of the General Store before going upstairs to the living quarters she shared with her sister. Going through the nightly routine of checking the security of her store, she pondered recent events in Voyager City. This town and its residents just tickled her. All these supposedly upstanding people and their secret lives. Men and women having premarital sex (and she wasn't thinking about Quark's and Maxine's girls), women dressing like men (including her own sister) and what was up with Kes Janeway's skintight leather outfit! A lot of townfolk came through her store and what Peggy Lou didn't observe for herself or learn from telegraph transmissions, she learned from the people who stopped to gossip while they shopped. Voyager City was a fun place to live vicariously

She heard someone come in the back through the Telegraph Office and knew it was Barty.

"Well," she said without turning around. "Been practicing in the choir loft with Mr. Gill this late at night?" She turned then and caught her sister's sheepish grin.

"Look," she began again, "When are you going to let Marshal Tuvok find you? I'm tired of making excuses about where you might be, especially since some of the time, you're standing right next to me dressed up as a man. Why don't you just tell Maxine that her piano player is a woman?"

"Because she advertised for a man," replied Barty. "And you have to admit that as a 'man', I get to see and hear things that most women don't. Like the fact that Tom Janeway comes in there at night when he's not with B'Elanna Torres. And that Mr. Torres supposedly comes in to hear Racine sing but stares at her bosom the whole time she performs. And then there's Old Mike who Max hides from Maxine behind my piano. He hangs out and drinks and then goes on and on about Elaine."

Peggy Lou laughed with Barty, then her green eyes narrowed. "Does Ayala frequent that establishment?"

"Only to accompany me with his harmonica." Barty reassured her. "What do you see in him anyway? He doesn't talk very much. Oh." Barty could tell by Peggy Lou's wicked grin what she saw in him.

"Besides," said Peggy Lou, "You know I like them big and dumb. What do you see in Mr. Gill? And don't go on anymore about the length of his...."

"Why not?" was the indignant interruption. "You say the same thing about Tom Janeway's and you really can't see his unless you get up close."

"Well, that's because he's much fairer and I have been that close, thank you very much. Maybe we could get them side by side and compare length."


Past the Point of Rescue
PegN — 8 Oct 1998, 10:19 PM

Barty actually giggled at the thought of Tom Janeway and Vinnie standing together for that purpose.

Peggy Lou laughed with her. "Well anyway, let's compromise and just agree that they both have lovely long eyelashes. And you've neatly evaded my question. Why are you avoiding Marshal Tuvok? Are you afraid of something or are you protecting someone? You need to answer his questions before Clare Darrow gets ahold of you."

Barty sobered at the prospect of being interrogated by Clare Darrow. Peggy Lou knew of Miss Darrow and shared the information with her sister. The beautiful brown eyes which sparkled when she laughed didn't fool PegL, nor did the lady lawyer's light and elegant manner. If she was like her mentor, the late Mason Perry, she would rip open all the dirty secrets of everyone she got on the stand whether or not it was relevant to the trial. It wouldn't do for Mr. Gill to find out at a trial that Barty's former husband, John Luke Pickard was only presumed dead. His body had never been found. PegL hoped it stayed that way. The man was an insufferable bore and worse, he raised sheep. Better that Barty talk to Marsh first about the night of Jabin's murder.

Barty was about to agree when they both heard a man scream, sounding suspiciously like Reverend Windes, down by the jail. They ran out the door (well they tried to forgetting Peggy Lou had just locked it and they both slammed into it before unlocking and opening it) and out into the street to see what the commotion was all about.


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 10-A) The Wrath of Windes!!
Eric — 9 Oct 1998, 12:00 PM

The Wrath of Windes

(All right you whiners!! This is IT! The last of the preliminary stuff will DEFINETLY be finished in this segment. (sigh) JMS was never rushed like this...)

The Coffee Nebula Old Folks Home

Old Mike took a long drink of water and sighed sadly. "Breaking into the Jail like that was my worst day. But I had to do it. Rev. Windes was a madman that day. I don't blame him for it though. We were all very stressed with what was happening, and as it turned out it was all for the best, since Sevenita taught us all a lesson in bravery."

Sandrine's Saloon

Emony Dax, middle daughter of the VERY long Dax line, gave Worf a dark look as he stood up to leave. "Worf, I finally got you to go out with me and your going to take off now? We just got here". Worf looked embarrassed, "I just need to find a outhouse, nature call". Emony looked suspicious, "It's to soon isn't it. Your still getting over Jadzia". Worf took a deep breath "I do not want to talk about that Emony, but when I return we must talk about our future". The he headed for the back door.

In the alley Worf noticed the Men's outhouse was full, although at least there wasn't a huge line like the Ladies outhouse had. Sandrine really should add more facilities he thought to himself as he settled in to wait. But then he heard singing!! With a growing sense of horror he realized in was that barfly MORN! He could be in their all night! Not to mention stink up the place something fierce. "It is NOT a good night to die!", he vowed as he ran behind the dumpster to do his business there. He saw a poster for the fifth Kirk play "The Final Frontier" and decided this was a good place as any and unzipped, he hated that scene with the purple horses anyway. He had started to whistle when he heard a voice muttering to itself. He finished and pulled his knife. It was coming from the end of the alleyway. The voice was laughing now. He could see a dark shape at the end of the alleyway, it looked like a pile of rags and leather, he could just make out a patch of gray skin and greasy hair. In fact it looked like...

"No...."

At his voice the figure looked up and screamed "NO, my revenge will NOT be denied again!!" and with that the figure wrenched open the gate at the end of the alleyway and ran into the night. Worf wanted to run after the figure but was lost in memories that had been suppressed for to long. "Jadzia". And then, "Dukat". Emony would have to wait a little longer, he had to find Marshall Tuvok, but first he had to find his Bat'Leth.

The Sheriff's Office : 8:30

"Hurry Sevenita! You must come with me NOW!", roared Rev. Windes. He, Big Jim, and Old Mike were holding guns on the Boston Kid, the Lawyer in Maroon Claire, Kes and Marshall Tuvok. Sevenita stood up and approached Windes and put her gloved hand on his chest. "You are of the Borg Indian fan club. Your designation is Repoman". Windes had trouble breathing. "Yes!", tears were rolling down his face, "I have wanted to be a Borg Indian since I first saw you!" Marshall Tuvok's eyebrow was up so high at this statement that Kes was concerned that it would float away. She didn't blame him, who would want to be a part of the Borg Indian Tribe, willingly?

"Please, Seveinta, we have to hurry!! The Fan Club has your horse Cube waiting outside. We will be long gone before Tuvok can raise a posse to find us" Sevinita gave the Reverend one of her very rare shy smiles then it disappeared under her usual icy Borg Indian composer put her hands under her breasts (causing the good Reverend and every other male in the room to hyperventilate) and said "I will NOT comply" and sat down in her chair. "But...but, but", stammered the Reverend, this was not going to plan.


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 10-B) The Wrath of Windes!!
Eric — 9 Oct 1998, 12:07 PM

"I will remain here in Voyager City and clear my name", "I did not kill Jabin Olgla, it would have been Irrelevant to kill him. His Tribe is weak and inefficient through it's individuality. Their resistance is futile." Sevenita looked at the Reverend and in a somewhat kinder voice said "Return tomorrow for the Trial and when it is done you will be assimilated if you still desire it" The Reverend's heart almost stopped with joy!! Finally!!! His dream to be with Sevenita forever in wonderful assimilated bliss!!

Tuvok walked over to the three men. "Reverend Windes, I know why you are here, and Jimbo I know that you are also a member of this group, but why are you here Old Mike?" Old Mike looked like he had had to many lemons as he dropped his weapon and his eyes filled with tears.

"I've been living a LIE!!!" he wailed as he put his head in his hands and strted to cry great gasping sobs. "All my life I have pretended to like older more mature woman when all I wanted was a lusty Borg Babe with big implants!! That's why I have secretly been a member of the Borg Indian fan club!! Eric grinned, as he told Kes he knew it all along. Marshall Tuvok let out a very un - Vulcan sigh.

I suggest you three leave here now before I chose to throw you in the Brig (Tuvok still preferred the term Brig ever since his Starfleet Navy days). The Borg Indian fan club hastily beat a retreat. Old Mike pausing long enough to take a last loving look at Sevinita.

"The rest of us should get some rest, it will be a long day tomorrow. Sevenita , I will return you to your cell. Claire if you want to return early tomorrow that is fine." Then he escorted everyone out of the building.

Voyager City Courthouse : Midnight

The building was dark, it had a expect air about it, almost as if it knew of the chaos that was about to unfold in it's sacred walls tomorrow. The paintings in the long main hallway looked down in displeasure at the dark figure that was running through the hallways.

Dukat knew he was quite mad now. He took comfort in it perhaps, this way he would not have to face the death of Seska. That Bajoran fool! Why did she have to go to the Delta Q alone! Well no matter, he would make everything better. Or rather the dynamite he was wiring up would. It was almost to easy to break into the court house. With the death of Deputy Neelix Marshall Tuvok was understaffed and the volunteers he had hired did not have the training of a full time lawman. He set the last charge in place and wired it to his detonator. All to easy.

Worf finished his warriors chant. And gripped his Bat'Leth. The Trial, he KNEW that was his answer. That is where Dukat would be. It is the only reason that snake would return here now of all times. He would be ready and then Jadzia could finally enter Sto-vo-kor.


Mi Vida Loca
PegN — 12 Oct 1998, 9:09 PM

Takes place after the aborted jailbreak of Sevenita (since the frickin' trial hasn't taken place yet).

Hearing the yelling, PegL ran down the street towards the jail, Barty keeping just behind her. Approaching the jail, they kept to the shadows and watched the attempted jail break unfold. Reverend Windes looked wild and they could hear him beg Sevenita to flee with him, then heard Old Mike confessing that he was also an admirer. The sisters looked at each other in surprise then watched as Sevenita, with admirable dignity, declined to flee and stated she would face the trial.

After a bit, the Reverend, much subdued and with a lingering last look at Sevenita, allowed Marshal Tuvok to escort him and his fan club members out of the jail.

"I told you it was a stupid idea," muttered Old Mike as they walked across the street to the Provencal. "I wonder if Bart's playing the pie-anny tonight. I hope not. I can't hear myself think when I have to hide back there."

From the cover of the shadows, they watched the three men cross the street. They could see the others in the Marshal's office, Clare Darrow, Kes Janeway and the scruffy young gunslinger Kes seemed to be so crazy about. Seeing the Marshal and Clare Darrow together, Barty nervously pulled PegL away from the scene.

The excitement over, they walked back to the General Store.

"God, I love this town," laughed Peggy Lou. "What other town in this time period would put up with such goings on? This is more fun than Groom Lake, Nevada on an active night. These people are crazy enough without any outside influences."

While Peggy Lou locked the store's front doors again, Barty walked to the back but came dashing back out front.

"Get back here, Peggy Lou, the telegraph is going crazy." Barty sat and took the coded message while Peggy Lou fairly danced around in agitation. The message was long and Barty was frowning, which didn't help Peggy Lou's fidgiting. After what seemed an eternity, Barty turned to her sister.

"What, what!"

"We got trouble right here in Voyager City. That was our friend, Marie, from Roswell....."


You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd
PegN — 12 Oct 1998, 9:50 PM

"It's Marie?!" yelled Peggy Lou. "What does she want?!Why would she be contacting us?What's going on?Do we need to send a message back?!" Barty took stock of all the questions then answered.

"First of all, keep your voice down. Let's go upstairs, have some tea and think about this." Barty was trying to stay calm, but was having a hard time. She led the way upstairs.

"Tea, hell! I think I need a Mexican style ChiChi...no whipped cream. Bloody hell!"

Upstairs, making tea, Barty told her what was in the message from Marie.

"It would seem that your friend has tracked you to Voyager City..."

"What?!" interrupted her sister. "How could he? This town's not even on any map that I know of. I didn't think he could find me here. How did this happen?"

"Well, if you'll let me finish..." was the aggravated reply. "We've both got trouble. It seems that a man answering to John Luke's description turned up in Rendlesham Forest in the U.K."

"Holy Cow! John Luke? Those idiots! He's not supposed to turn up any time soon. What do they think they're doing!"

"Well if it is him, we're safe for now anyway. Seems his memory has been erased, what do you call it....amnesia. Anyway, his appearance there happened under rather, uh, unusual circumstances, so your friend went to investigate."

"Stop calling him my friend." snapped Peggy Lou so quickly that Barty ached her eyebrows questioningly. "Sorry," she apologized. "So what's all this got to do with us? So the guy looks like John Luke, so what?"

"So he gets shown a picture. You know, the one taken of you at Devil's Tower? The picture you carelessly let be taken of you."

"Well, excuse me, I didn't see that photographer and the light blinded me before I could get to him. Next thing I knew, he was gone. And how was I to know that my eyes would show up glowing red in a colorless picture?"

"Look, it's too late for all these questions. Marie says one of us needs to come to Roswell. I'll volunteer. I'll leave tonight."

"But what about Sevenita's trial? What do I tell Marshal Tuvok and Miss Darrow? And more importantly, what do I tell Vinnie?"

"No one's going to convict Sevenita. Judge Riker will see to that even if Miss Darrow isn't her ususal brilliant self. As to Vinnie, just tell him I said Look At Us, I Still Believe In You and Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away, The Heart Won't Lie."

"Blechhh." was PegL's anwer.

Barty packed a few things and disappeared into the night.


Ring of Fire
PegN — 12 Oct 1998, 10:50 PM

After Barty left, Peggy Lou paced the living quarters for awhile.

"Nuts," she finally thought to herself. "I need to sleep but I'm just too worked up. Hmmm, maybe a hot bath 'cause by the time I pump the water into the tub and heat up some water on the stove, I'll be sweating like a beast anyway." Preparing her bath she wondered if she'd have to leave town again. Too bad. She liked it here and rather enjoyed stepping out with Mr. Ayala. True, he wasn't much of a talker, but she still put his lips to good use. And the things the man could say with his hands, well, he didn't have to talk to get her attention.

Sometime later, lying in warm scented water and watching candlelight flicker around the apartment, she thought about the government man tracking her since he first saw her in Dulce, New Mexico. An odd mixture of dread and anticipation filled her as she remembered his handsome face and unruly brown hair. He was quite good looking and very sensual she thought, but very intense and passionate about his self imposed mission.

It had been a challenge so far trying to out-fox him and stay a few steps ahead, but she had managed. She thought he had given up his search for her this time, but apparently she underestimated his obsession with finding out the truth, and, again he had managed to track her down. The man was absolutely spooky.

The bath soothed her and she relaxed, closing her eyes. She must have dozed off for when she opened them again, she realized the water had cooled significantly. Now where was that towel? She knew she had left it within reach.

"Looking for this?" asked a male voice. Even with the small amount of light in the apartment, there was no mistaking those hazel eyes.

"D@mn you, Fox Scully," she swore softly as she took the towel he offered, "Are you never going to give me any peace?"

His laugh was gentle and warm.

"I was going to ask you the same thing."


The Trial of the Century : Part 11
Eric — 13 Oct 1998, 1:28 PM

The Gathering

(Well here it is! The start of the Trial. This should probably take two parts, with maybe a short aftermath part later.)

The Coffee Nebula Old folks Home

Old Mike was starting to look a little tired. Jason felt a little guilty keeping the old timer up this long but this was turning out even better then he had hoped. "So Dukat had wired up the Courthouse to explode, but what happened then? " he asked.

"Well, Monday, the day of the Trial was one of the hottest days of that year, and tempers were very short and the whole town was a powder keg ready to go off. It was a day when you kept your distance or even better just stay inside and wait it out."

"I knew that this was a day that was going to be talked about for a long time after word but nobody was expecting what really did happen..."

Voyager City : Dawn Monday

Worf was on his way to the Marshal Tuvok's office. He had to tell the Marshall about Dukat's return. He was sure that Dukat had something up his sleeve. As he approached the Marshal's office he noticed that all the reporters had moved themselves over to the Courthouse. He entered the office and noticed the Marshal had purchased himself a new chair. He took a seat and waited for Tuvok while he sharpened his Bat'Leth.

Suddenly the Marshel's chair began to change it shifted along the color spectrum till it became a clear golden color and began to melt in on itself growing arms and legs and finally standing up and growing clothes and finally a cowboy hat and a sheriff's star.

"Who are you?", growled Worf and he stood up holding his weapon ready. "I am Constable Odo, from Defiant City" answered the strange man. "And before you ask that is what we call our Sheriffs, and Marshal Tuvok has asked me to help out with security at Sevenita's trial. Still more questions? I am a Founder Indian but I do not embrace there conquering ways. I just want to find a nice Bajoran terrorist marry her and raise little Founders."

"Actually I just wanted to warn you about a Cardassian Indian who I thought was dead but has returned and I believe he will cause some kind of trouble at the Trial" "Tell me more", Odo told him.

The Ritz - Kradin Hotel

"YOU DIDN'T!!!!" screamed Tasha with huge grin on her face. "Yes I DID!" laughed Rose. "Captain John Luke Pickard never knew what hit him! Our Maqui Horses are small enough to race through those Big Starfleet caravans and steal the supplies we need!" finished Rose with a satisfied look on her face as she gulped her Romulan Ale and slammed the glass on the counter.

"But why don't you just ask them for those supplies?", asked Tasha. "I used to be in Starfleet until that Oil Well accident. I could help you find someone to talk to." Rose looked up at Tasha (whose face was a little blurry Rose admitted to herself, wonderful stuff that Romulan Indian Ale) and told her she would think about that. "I think you and I are going to be great friends Tasha, now I think we have a trial to attend.

As they were heading for the door they ran into Dr. Crusher and Clockwork Data. Who were also on the way to the Courthouse. "Greetings Miss. Rose and Miss. Tasha, I trust you slept well". " Actually we talked about old times Mr. Data" laughed Tasha. She wanted to stop him from talking before he brought up that unfortunate night so long ago. She needed a good distraction!

"Sleep is Irelevent", commented Hugh Borg as he pushed his way past. "Fascinating", said Data sounding almost like a Vulcan Indian. Perfect thought Tasha as she followed the others out the door.


The Trial of the Century : Part 11-B
Eric — 13 Oct 1998, 1:30 PM

Quark's Saloon

"On your feet Privates!!!", yelled McQueen. He could not understand why Jenny and Megan were looking at him like he was some kind of Chig Indian. He turned and saw Quark racing after Leeta, "Remember this is coming out of you vacation time!! Leeta turned and with her hands on her hips, gave him the typical Poker girl response : "WhatEVER!!"

Larson's Buggy Service

Larson was bored. Claire had told him she had a lot of work at the Courthouse so she would just walk over before he opened. Since she was his only big client the only work he had was paperwork. Just then his door opened and the most beautiful Betazoid woman walked in. I would like to hire your services Mr. Larson. I have to be at the courthouse and I don't want to get my dress dusty. You see my lovely new dress don't you?

Troi took a DEEP breath....

The Courthouse

Judge Riker was massaging his temples. He had a nasty headache starting and the day was only just starting. First of all this Claire woman was exasperating! She was challenging all his decisions in that soft southern manner that seemed awfully condescending to him. And who cares if he DID have a Swedish Female Ski Team calendar in his office? Did that give her the right to tear it up?

Unfortunately Claire was only one of his problems. He also had to deal with Cue Balle the OTHER lawyer in his rapidly graying hair. Today he was wearing a red and black tunic with matching gloves and the biggest hat he had ever seen!! And he wished the Cue would stop his chair from floating around!!

"Today Ladies and Gentleman we stand in judgment of one Borg Indian! Nay!! We stand in judgment of the ENTIRE human race!!!" Cue was saying as his chair floated higher and with a *flash* a megaphone appeared in his hands! "Attend me Continuem members!

"Cue!!! I'M the judge today not you!" and he jumped up and grabbed the megaphone which promptly disapeared from his hands with that same *flash*.

*Flash!* very well Judge Riker, I am satisfied to just be a simple lawyer today, as his judge robes were replaced with a simple Armani suit and a briefcase.

A secretary poked his head in a told the that the Jurors were arriving.

Voyager City

It seemed like the whole city had arrived. It was more then a simple Trial, it was almost the social event of the year. Whole families attended. Almost every business was closed. The town seemed like a ghost town to anyone outside the Courthouse, even Madame Maxine's Provincial was quiet and closed up. The Town was waiting. Watching and waiting as one of it's citizen's was put on Trial.

The Courthouse

"All rise!!"

Judge Riker approached the bench, and gestured for everyone to sit.

Dukat peaked through the vent grate. From here he could see everything that happened. He would wait until the right time. It would not due to simply push the button now! Sure everyone would die but they would not know WHY they were dying. They HAD to know.

Seska would not want it any other way.


VC : The Trial of the Century (part 12)
Eric — 18 Oct 1998, 4:59 PM

The Big Bang

Coffee Nebula Old Folks Home

Old Mike took another drink of water, some of it sloshed onto the floor. Jason was concerned, he had so much material from Mike that he could afford to wait a day. "Why don't you take a break old timer?", he said. "We can finish tomarrow". Old Mike's eyes flashed "No!! We will finish this NOW! I have waited to long to tell my tale, and I have to tell it now or I might not get another chance. Jason hid his smile, his plan had worked, he had gotten Mike mad enough to get his story done.

"The day of the trial was a day long remembered. If you asked everyone were they were on that day everyone would be able to tell you exactly", and the old man finished his tale.

The Courthouse in Voyager City

Seska was bothering him again. How he loved her, but today he had WORK to do! Couldn't she SEE that? "Don't bother me Seska! Can't you see that I'm trying to avenge your death?" Dukat made shooing motions. "But why don't you set of the bombs now? Those fools down there will never no what hit them!", Seska breathed into his ear.
Dukat whirled around as a hand was placed on his other shoulder. It was Kira! That attractive Bajoran musician in Seven's band. What was SHE doing here?

"But that's just the POINT right Dukat?" We want them to know WHY they will be killed" Kira took up station on Dukat's other shoulder. "It is sure getting crowded in here", he muttered.

Worf was bored. He was trying to pay attention to Claire's opening arguments but he had never been very good at sitting and listening. He preferred to ACT. Not to mention he was concerned about Dukat. He KNEW that the Cardassian Indian was out there. Odo had promised that he would be on the lookout but Worf wasn't the trusting sort.

Eric yawned. Kes looked at him "I told you we should have actually slept when we went to bed" she smiled as he looked around to see if anyone had heard her. "It's not that!! It's just this stuff is much more exciting in the movies! It just much longer in real life ". "Look, I think Madame D'A just ordered the Bailiff to get another double expresso, even she is feeling the strain".

D'Alaireux felt a tap at her arm, it was Leeta "What's going on?", she asked with desperation in her eyes. D'A smiled, "Miss Claire is starting her opening statement", let's pay attention.

Claire cleared her throat. This was it, this case would either make or break her career. She decided to use a visual aid. She pointed at Sevenita "Does this look like the face of a murderess?", the Borg Indian Fan club went wild.


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 12-B)
Eric — 18 Oct 1998, 5:01 PM

Sevenita was seated in the witness stand. Cue was standing in front of her. "Tell the court where you were on the night of Jabin's murder"

"I was singing"

"What song?"

"Songs are irrelevant". God bless us everyone, wept the good Rev. Windes. "He has given us a irrelevant!!". Kiteman scribbled into his notebook "that's ONE!".

"Tell us anyway"

"I will not comply". "That's my girl!!!", cried Doc Holiday.

"Ok, then after you finished your song, you say that Jabin entered your dressing room and you over powered him. How? He was much bigger then you." Cue smiled. Now he had her!

"We are BORG!!!", Old Mike fainted on the spot. "She shoots she SCORES" , laughed Big Jimbo.

"But but.....", Cue was turning white as a sheet.

"You are WEAK, your continuum will be assimilated ", sneered Sevenita. The Borg Indian Fan club sat back and smiled (at least those that were still conscious).

***

Odo was checking out the basement of the courthouse. He didn't like what he Worf had told him about this Cardassian Indian that had killed his wife. He sighed, nothing here and turned around to check the next floor when he saw the blinking lights. He ran for the stairs.

***

"Order!!!", Judge Riker banged his gavel, "Bailff Morn!!! Throw those Fan Club members out of my court now!". Miss Claire, you may call your next Witness. "Witness's are irrelevant, I am innocent", Sevenita informed her lawyer.

"That's TWO", Kiteman continued to jot down numbers in his notebook.

"I call my 47th witness", said Claire.

***

Odo made a gesture to Marshall Tuvok and told him what he had found in the basement. "We must get as many people out of the courthouse as we can without drawing suspicion to our actions. "Can the bomb be deactivated?". Odo shook his head "No, we need the trigger that Dukat has with him." I will start getting everyone out.


VC : The Trial of the Century (part 12-C)
Eric — 18 Oct 1998, 5:03 PM

Dukat was watching from his vantage point. He saw that the audience gallery wasn't as fool. He supposed that everyone knew that Sevenita was innocent. Well of course she was! He knew that better then anyone here. But wait who was that escorting Joe Carey out of the building? Odo? What was he doing here? And the Boston Kid was motioning more out the side entrance? NO!!! He kicked out the grating....

"So Mr. Quark can you tell us about Sevenita's state of mind after she had finished singing that night?", asked Claire. "Of course", said Quark. "Let's see, YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!", wailed Quark in a very high pitched girly scream. Claire spun around and was looking down the barrel of a large Cardassian gun.

"Hi", said Dukat.

"MURDERER!!", screamed Worf jumping over the jury box's bannister, drawing a bat'leth from somewhere. Col. McQueen was right behind him, but he went down when a tall armored figure in a helmet tripped him up. "A Chig Indian??", "Where did YOU come from?".

(Editor's note : Don't look at me! I have no idea where he came from either! Anybody want to write his story?)

Both Rose and Tasha had their guns out and leveled at Dukat. Who smiled and pulled out a blinking device. "Please let's not be hasty here. I don't want anyone to get hurt. And I would not want to push this", he said as finger hovered over the large red button.

He looked at Sevenita, "She's right you know. She did not kill Jabin. I DID! I killed him when he threatened to walk out on my plan to kill the Janeway's! But the fool fell in love. He HAD to die, just like all of you! Arrghhhhh!!" Worf had sucker punched him!

"Everyone get out!!!", yelled Eric as he started shoving people to the door. He took his time shoving little Ezri through the door however. Kes was at the other entrance with Marshal Tuvok getting everyone outside into the hot desert sun.

Meanwhile inside the main courtroom Dukat and Worf were still fighting. Dukat saw the detonator lying a few inches out of his grasp. He kicked at Worf and shoved him aside and jumped for the detonator. Worf yelled at him in Klingon and threw his knife. It hit home and Dukat fell, very much dead.

Worf howled to warn the Gods that Jadzia was on her way home at last.

Then he heard a *bleep*.

Red numbers were counting down.


VC : The Trial of the Century (Part 12-D)
Eric — 18 Oct 1998, 5:04 PM

Marshal Tuvok was pushing everyone away from the courthouse with the help of Odo the Boston Kid and Kes. "Everyone we must get as far from the courthouse as possible.", he looked back just as.....

FLASH

All the windows in the courthouse blew out in a rain of glass. Then a massive ring of fire washed out of the windows and smoke blackened the sky. Everyone in the main street was thrown to the ground as a massive shockwave hit the onlookers. "Well NOW what?", Eric looked dazed. "Is everyone all right?", there where nods and groans as everyone stood up and looked down the street. The courthouse had collapsed in on itself. The row of office buildings across the street had lost their windows. The Empire bank was blackend but otherwise unharmed. But the Courthouse was a total loss.

Judge Riker, looked at the devastation, looked at Sevenita, smiled and said "Case closed. Your free to go Sevenita". "Besides, I heard Dukat admit to killing Jabin anyway". "Who is THAT??" He was pointing to a figure walking from the smoke with a Bat'Leth in his hand.

Worf stumbled towards the group. "Doctor Holliday, if you could help here", he coughed, "Today is NOT a good day to die".

Eric caught up with Kes and Sevenita. "Hey congratulations Sevenita!". "What shall you be doing now Eric? Will you be leaving us?", asked the blonde Borg. Kes looked worried then smiled "I guess you will be going on now....". Eric smiled and put a arm around her shoulder and tried to do the same with Sevenita who glared at him. "Well now that you mention it, I think I will stick around. This seems to be a happening place. Maybe I will open up a Bounty Hunting business".

Eric turned to Kes and said "Give us some sugar baby!*".

*With apologies to the writers of Army of Darkness


The Trail of the Senshery: Part 47 (Jugemint Dai)
Erik — 13 Oct 1998, 6:32 PM

Juge Rycker kalled the cort too orter. "i wil intertane moshuns know."

Clair Dairro: "i moov that the kase bee dismist dew two lak uf evadents."

Rycker: 'Agrede. Kase dismist."

The End


Trail of A Senshery: Last Of the Voyhicans
Erik — 17 Oct 1998, 10:26 PM

The waiting for the trial had taken its toll on the citizens of Voyager City. It seemed they had been waiting forever for all the pre-trial preliminaries to get over with. All had aged tremendously waiting for the actual trial to commence and be recorded for posterity..

Due to her unique Ocampan genetics, Kes Janeway's once pointed and pixie-ish ears now drooped like a Shetland Sheepdog's and would soon look like a Labrador's ears. Gunslinger Eric, his aged hands crippled with arthritis, nonetheless would absentmindedly scratch Kes behind one ear, stopping only when he realized her leg was thumping.

Sevenita's formerly firm breasts now hung and were tucked into the waistline of her skirt when they weren't resting where she had hoisted them on top of the defendent's table. Her attorney, Clare Darrow, would roll her still beautiful brown eyes when she would look at her client and elegantly put her hand to the lovely Cameo at her wrinkled throat. Col. McQueen would sit behind his lady, Clare, his gray eyes hidden behind his coke bottle glasses. The Reverend Windes still counseled and cared for Sevenita, and hoped one day, to worship at her alter. He had retired from the pulpit since, during his sermons, he would forget his place and inform the congreation of how he could prove Sevenita's assests were natural.

Old Mike who had since passed on, left behind two widows, having married Kathryn Janeway and Hogg Winslow's daughter, Elaine, after he returned from Utah where he had embraced the Morman religion. The Delta Q prospered under his management, when in a brilliant joint venture, he merged the Delta Q with his gunsmith business and Elaine's father's hog raising business after that good man had passed on. Chakotay Torres, having blown his chance with Kathyrn, Cowgirl Vickie and Lee Marie struck up a deal with all the local Indian tribes and opened a shop in Voyager City selling Indian jewelery and pottery to the tourists.

Maxine had cut prices on liquor and girls so low, that she had forced Quark's and Sandrine's to close, only to reopen them as Studio Maxines and Planet Maxines and hence, had monopolized the entertainment industry in Voyager City, then raised the rates.

Tom Janeway, having never legally married B'Elanna, left her and her daughter (no DNA tests to prove she was his...after all, if it was easy enough to get her to sleep with him, how many others could have been the father?) with her Klingon tribe. B'Elanna met a Mystic Warrior while with the tribe and barely noticed Tom's departure.

Miss Peggy Lou died of exhaustion in her sleep. At her viewing, rolling past her coffin in his wheelchair, Tom Janeway, who had lost all feeling below the waist, pushed by Chakotay who now had a weak heart, remarked to Fox Scully, who hobbled beside them with his cane, how natural Miss Peggy Lou looked with that little smile on her lips. Chakotay, stopped his pushing of the wheelchair to wipe the tears from his own eyes and blow his nose and then to comfort a distraught Fox. He wished Ayala would have lived long enough to witness the three old and infirmed men become closer through their shared sorrow.

The (living) end.


RE: Trail of A Senshery-48DD- The Longest Day
Awreck — 18 Oct 1998, 10:47 PM

For Auntie Jules:

Sevenita's trial lasted for several days. As the late (but very happy) Miss Peggy Lou had feared, brilliant attorney, Clare Darrow, ripped open the private lives of all she got on the witness stand until in frustration and total confusion, Benson Vorik jumped up from his seat in the courtroom and screamed,

"Alright. I was the one who killed Jabin Ogla! He dared to touch my chosen mate, Sevenita! Uh, does this impede my chances at a law career?"

It seemed that Jabin Ogla had indeed cornered Sevenita while she was on break from singing that night. Vorik, who was going through some seven year thing, had already decided that Sevenita was a logical choice for a mate. He declared koon-ut-kal-if-fee , but decided a bullet to Jabin's head was quicker and easier than hand-to-hand combat. Sevenita relived that such a crude and undesireable creature was terminated, told Vorik that she would not inform Marshal Tuvok of his deed, but that he, Vorik, would cease his own pursuit of her. Vorik, coward that he was, took the deal.

Miss Barty was not seen or heard from again since she left for Roswell, except for one person. It seems that Vorik, looking at the night sky from his cell window saw strange lights over the church. He saw Mr. Gill, who had been practicing for the Sunday service, floating upward toward the lights and being greeted by Miss Barty wearing nothing but deelyboppers. He could swear there was a banner that floated behind the lights that said, "Roswell or Bust". Vorik told the Sheriff about it the next morning and was granted an insanity hearing.

The next person to go before Old Judge Riker was Tom Janeway's doppleganger, Nick Locarno. At his trial for robbery and other misdeeds, the good words of Miss Jules of the Empire Bank, stating what a good employee he had been while pretending to work at her bank and that she felt he wasn't a bad boy, just misguided, went a long way towards getting his sentenced reduced. Nick was remanded to Miss Jules' custody for the next 25 years. He had not only robbed the train, but he had stolen her heart and he had 25 years in which to make restitution.

Detective Magnum decided to stay in Voyager City, his heart having been lassoed by Cowgirl Vickie and they were married by Reverend Windes just before he went off the deep end.

The old prospector, Terry, finally discovered the big vein of gold he had been searching for. He promptly bought the biggest, gaudiest house he could find and set himself up in the manner of a baron. And who should he see when he first came back to town, but his long lost son who he thought was still in Boston, Gunslinger Eric! He begged Eric to come live with him and to bring his little girlfriend, the one that reminded him of his dog, Old Shep (Shep had floppy ears too).

"Daddy!" cried Eric breaking down into sobs, "Guess what, I found your long lost brother too! He is or was the Reverend here in town. Uncle Andy! Uncle Andy! Over here!"


RE: Trail of A Senshery-48DD- Way Out West
Awreck — 18 Oct 1998, 11:20 PM

Former bank forecloser-turned bounty hunter-turned gunslinger-turned Reverend-turned layman, Windes, slowly made his way over to his nephew, The Boston Kid, who now had gray hair, so "Kid" wasn't really appropriate anymore. On his arm, was Sevenita who walked hunched over since gravity had taken its toll on the twins. She was further impaired by the Borg eyepatch which now drooped over her eye impairing the vision on the left side. But Andrew loved her nonetheless, because she was still the same intelligent, warm, loving girl he met sooooo many years ago before this trial.

The brothers, meeting for the first time in years, embraced, then embraced their nephew, before helping Sevenita up from the ground where she had fallen face first without Andrew's supporting arm. They all decided to live together in Mad Miles big new house. Eric, tired of hearing Mad Miles call Kes, "Old Yeller", decided to fix his father up with one of the townswomen to occupy his time. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, the former Ruthie Gulch decided it was time to clean up her man and teach him the ways of a gentleman. Aghast at the changes his new bride had in mind, he decided he needed to spend more time out in the desert to look for more gold. Ruthie would go months without seeing her husband and to occupy her time, decided to open a combination bookstore and tea room.

Jason Canuk won a Pulitzer Prize for his book on The Trial That Seemed to Last a Century (Available at Barnes & Noble and Borders Books), and made millions when it became a blockbuster at the box office, even surpassing revenues from Titanic.