The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

Building

Building Pt 1
Leonie — 5 Oct 1998, 7:11 AM

Lee-Marie stopped hammering the plank she was working on in order to wipe her forehead on the sleeve of her shirt. It was a scorcher of a day and work on rebuilding the main barn was coming along slowly. She thanked her lucky stars that they had help in the Delta Q to rebuild after the fire. The Ranch was a big one and everyone was helping with the restoration project. So much had been lost. She had just sent Chakotay into the main house to get a drink and some rest. He had been at it from way before sun up most mornings. He didn't say anything, but Lee-Marie knew that he was worried. She knew the damage was extensive to the Delta Q, with the buildings that had been destroyed and the livestock and horses which had been lost. It would be hard to recover from this set back. Miss Kathryn must be worried and that meant that Chakotay was also worried.

"I'll be back in about ten minutes, Dalby, continue here."

"Yes Miss Lee-Marie." He nodded at her and continued working.

Lee headed up to the Main house and slipped into the kitchen. Kes was no where to be found and neither was Sing-along. Chakotay was there though, his hat way down on his face and Lee could tell by the steady rise and fall of his chest that he was asleep. She tip toed around him and got herself a glass of water which she drank quietly, as she didn't want to disturb him. His lips were peaking out from under his hat. Lee smiled as she remembered.

She walked up to him and gently pressed her own lips to his. He didn't move.

*He must really be out* She thought to herself and silently turned to leave. Suddenly she felt him grab her arm and heard the chair scrape against the floor. She turned as he guided her to sit on his lap, and looked up to face her

"If you would continue, I'd be much obliged Ma'am."

"It would be my pleasure." Lee-Marie said as she lowered her lips to his.

She was back out in fifteen minutes.


Building Pt 2
Leonie — 5 Oct 1998, 7:12 AM

Lee-Marie took off her gloves and placed them in her back pocket.

"Dalby, Harry, I think that that's enough for the day." It was dusk and though they could have lit lanterns and continued working for another hour or two, but it had been too hot a day and her group of ranchers had been working hard through it all. They were all too exhausted.

"See you in the morning Lee-Marie" She nodded to the others. She turned towards the West Pasture and just made out the ranchers who were working there coming back. After a while Chakotay came out to her and he looked worried.

"What's wrong?" Lee fell into step with him

"B'Elanna and Tom are still not back"

"Tim, Tim, Tim of the Jungle just came by and said that they were with Madame D'Alaireux and are safe."

"Doing what? We have a lot of work to do. We don't have time for playing."

Lee looked pensive. She had watched B'Elanna and Tom throughout the days that they had been re-building and she knew that things were not right between the pair."

"They need time alone. Leave them be."

Chakotay didn't say anything.

When they reached the point where they had to split up to go to their respective rooms. They stopped and Chakotay looked at her.

"Got time to come in for a quick cup of Joe."

"If you make it tea, fine. Joe, this time of night?, No wonder you're not sleeping right." Lee placed her hand on his back, possessively.

*What is it with the women of this town, they were so, independent. That's my move* But he couldn't deny that he enjoyed the feel of her hand where it was.

***

"I'm surprised that you didn't jump on your horse and go after them tonight." Lee was sitting on Chakotay's lap on his couch finishing her tea. He had taken her advice and not drunk any coffee.

"Actually, I can't. Tom has my horse. He noticed that B'Elanna was gone earlier and he went to look for her. I told him to take my horse"

Lee-Marie looked at him in astonishment.

"You did? Buried the hatchet? Come to think of it, I have noticed that the two of you get along much better now. What happened in that cave anyway?" She snuggled down in his arms and he held her tightly.

He told her.

"Hmmm. Well that's good to know. If I ever get thoroughly p!$$ed off at you, I know to drag you into the nearest cave and all will be well."

"We won't need to go to a cave." Lee raised her head and saw the most deliciously wicked grin on his face as he said those words.

"Well we would at least need to find a very secluded spot." She retorted as she began to kiss him.

***

When B'Elanna came home, she was surprised to see her father and Lee-Marie asleep on the couch in each others arms. She tip toed to her own room and got ready for bed. It had been a long day.


Building Pt 3
Leonie — 5 Oct 1998, 7:14 AM

"She's cold, arrogant, self-centered and more pigheaded than Miss Kate, Tom and you put together!!!!"

*You forgot one person in that Miss Lee!*

Chakotay didn't say anything. Lee-Marie was in a full force woman's stink and he knew if he said anything more, it would most likely get worse.

He was right. Lee was pacing and waving her hands around to show her anger and frustration. She needn't have, her tone of voice said it for her. She was practically shouting. They were together in his house after the fifth day of re-building of the Ranch after the fire. Miss Kate had told Sevenita to help Lee-Marie and Chakotay in the final stage of building of the new barn.

The two of them didn't hit it off too well. Sevenita did whatever she felt was right without checking with Lee-Marie and himself before doing it. The adjustments that she made were perfectly fine and some better than what they had planned. But Chakotay knew that it was Sevenita's attitude that was bothering Lee. She just acted and wasn't the slightest bit apologetic when she made them waste time trying to do something that she had already done.

"She's just a little unconventional that's......"

"I don't mind that!!!" Lee stopped pacing and turned to face Chakotay. "It's her attitude I can't stand!!!!"

*Bingo*

"And then there is her manner of dress. Can't anyone tell her that her trial is over!?! She doesn't have to dress like that again. It's destracting, especially to the male ranch hands. You'd swear that she was a vision of the Mother Lode the way they stare at her !!! How she actually walks in those heels is beyond me."

"It is the closest to her native Borg dress. Can't we just let this go?" Chakotay was getting tired of this. They had both worked a full day and he was tired. And he knew that she was too. They had been at if from sun up to sun down and sometimes even longer than that for about a week. Nerves were frayed and tempers were on the rise.

"Oh I'm sure that's just what you want to do, just let it go. What is this effect that she has on men, on you?"

Lee-Marie glared at him.

"She doesn't have any effect on me!!!"

Lee made a rude noise in her throat.

"WOMAN!!!" Chakotay roared completely exasperated.

"WHAT!?!" Lee shouted back.

They glared at each other. Then suddenly Lee held up her hands in mock surrender and turned away. She had felt her frustration and tiredness mounting for days. She was venting and she knew it. Sevenita was just the final straw. She rubbed her neck. She sighed deeply. As quickly as the storm had gathered. It dissipated with her sudden revelations.

"Sorry, Chakotay. I'm just tired that's all"


Building Pt 4
Leonie — 5 Oct 1998, 7:15 AM

He stared at her back. It amazed him that she could just stop in mid anger like that. He looked at her shoulders. They were indeed stiff. He moved to stand behind her and began massaging her shoulders. Lee-Marie inhaled deeply. He planted a swift kiss on her cheek and then went back to his work.

"Apology accepted Ma'am"

"Ummm, that feels so good." Lee-Marie groaned with pleasure as her tense muscles found their release

"Well I've got something that would feel even better" he said softly in her ear.

*I bet you have* Lee thought. Aloud she said "Oh?"

"Miss Racine is performing at Sandrine's tonight. Let's go."

"But Chakotay, we have to get up early tomorrow to finish off the second phase of the barn."

"You need it, woman, you're going!!!!"

Lee knew he was right. "All right, all right, I'm going"

"Good", he turned her around and kissed her quickly. Giving her a playful shove he said "Now go get gussied up"

Lee groaned anew. "Chakotay I'm too tired for that. What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?"

Chakotay raised his eyebrows. Lee remembered that she hadn't gone to the house and taken a bath yet.

"I mean what's wrong with clean jeans?"

Chakotay sighed. Why did he always chose these strong independent women?

"I like to see you gussied up."

*Of course you do, you don't have to walk around with your insides being squashed by a corset!!*

"OK, I'll compromise. A skirt OK?"

"I can live with that." Chakotay smiled

Lee-Marie steeled herself. She had to leave now in order to get dressed. Those dimples were threatening her time table. Chakotay came to her and kissed her again. Reluctantly she pulled away.

"Be ready in 10 mins" She said as she dashed out of the door. Chakotay stood still there for a long moment.

That was how long it would take for him to get ready. She wouldn't make him wait on her. Well that was part of the reason why he liked strong independent women. Independent women didn't play as many games as other women. They saw something they wanted and they set out to get it. They held their own and did what they had to and they bore the consequences of what it entailed. They didn't sit back and let someone else tell them how to live their lives. They decided for themselves how they would and then lived life to the fullest. They stood by their men and were true partners. Some men thought that it wasn't a woman's place. That as the man, their women were second to them. He wondered if they knew what they were missing. A woman who was your partner both in and out of bed, normally brought out the best in a man. The stubbornness and pigheadedness was just a small price that a man had to pay for loving that type of woman. A small price.

It was his turn to sigh. He hurried to get dressed.