The Coffee Nebula Board is for the discussion of Star Trek: Voyager and other sci-fi/cult shows. This is its Archive of episode discussions, top ten lists, fan fiction, and other miscellaneous musings.

 

B'Elanna's Musings

B'Elanna's musings Pt 1
Annie — 17 Sep 1998, 10:43 AM

This part will come directly after Vickie's part in the beginning (Voyager City: The Race). I tried to put a little time span in, but I'm not sure it will make much difference.

cont... from Voyager City: The race.

B'Elanna shook her head at her father's parting comment. She knew well that he did not like Tom Janeway. She had heard all the rumors about him, and knew very well he was not the sort of fellow her Pa fancied seeing her with. She also knew that Tom Janeway had done a lot of growing up since she went off to school at the Academy, and seemed like a really responsible guy now. He was still so handsome. She remembered seeing him every so often when she was growin' up, and was always amazed at those blue-gray eyes of his. They had been working with the horses for some time now, and had grown considerably closer to each other. She loved spending time with him, and she was sure he felt the same about her.

She finished breakfast, and hollered out the door for her Pa to come and eat. She sat down herself, and began on her breakfast deep in her memories of the night Tom had come up on her after she had tripped in that blasted hole. She was infernally horrible to him that night, mostly because she was embarrassed to have stupidly fallen in a hole. Most men cringed at her temper, and she had a stubborn streak a mile long (her Pa says she got both those traits from her mother). Her temper didn't phase Tom Janeway, and he hollered right back at her. It was a good thing he had hauled her off the ground, and got her over to the watering hole to get that boot off. She would have struggled by herself all night before she would have asked him to help her. She remembered she had passed out for the pain of him trying to get the boot off her swollen ankle. Then when she had come too, the first thing she saw were those damned blue-gray eyes of his gazing into hers. She realized that her foot was in the water, her head was resting on his legs, and he was gently wetting her face with his hands. When she awoke, he gently lifted her up off his legs, and she was glad it was dark, because the blush that crept over her at his touch had made her whole body flush with heat.

"When are you goin' to town for the supply's today B'Elanna?"

"B'Elanna?"

She snapped out of her reverie, and noticed that her Pa was sitting across the table lookin at her. He was almost finished with his breakfast, and she had hardly touched hers. She blushed slightly, knowing her Pa would have her hide if he knew what she was thinkin' about.

"What Pa?"

"I said, when are you going to town for the supply's today?"

"Soon as I get done with breakfast Pa. Annie's due here any time now, she will do up the dishes, and make sure the house is put to straights."

"Don't forget the chicken feed this time."

"I won't Pa," she rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me child," he said smiling, and pointing his fork at her in mock seriousness.

"Yoo hoo, where's my little girl," came a shrill female voice from the back door.

B'Elanna jumped up from her chair to open the door for Annie. Annie always had her arms full when she came over.

"Annie, hi." B'Elanna gave Annie a quick squeeze, and a peck on the cheek, then proceeded to help her unload the packages from her arms.


B'Elanna's musings Pt 2
Annie — 17 Sep 1998, 11:26 AM

For her age, Annie was quite spry. B'Elanna didn't know exactly how old she was, but she was old. She had been around as long as B'Elanna could remember. Annie had pretty much raised her, and B'Elanna loved her like she would her own Grandmother. A couple of years ago, Annie had taken a place of her own. She used to come every day, but only came twice a week now. Annie said it was because the time spent at the house takin' care of her and her Pa was cuttin' into her socializin'. But, B'Elanna knew it was because she herself had grown up, and didn't need Annie around as much. And every time Annie came over, she had her arms loaded with homemade foodstuffs for them. If it wasn't leeola root bread, it was canned pleeka rind, or anything else Annie had either grown, or made herself. Annie's gray hair was always twisted up in a loose bun atop her head, and she always had a humorous glint to her eyes. Once she'd unloaded her bundles, she smacked Chakotay on the arm good naturedly.

"So, Chakotay, you got that good Miss Kathryn to your bed yet?" She looked over at B'Elanna and winked.

"Annie!" he said wide eyed in feigned shock.

B'Elanna let out a giggle, and went about clearing the table. Annie loved to needle her Pa, and did so at every opportunity.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Annie continued. "I meant Miss Vickie. No, wait a minute, aint there that new missy Lee-Marie staying over at the big house, and then there's that..."

By now, B'Elanna was laughing so hard, she had to stop what she was doing.

"All right ladies," Chakotay interrupted. "I think that is my signal to get outa here." He stood from his chair, and reached down to grab Annie around the waist.

"Miss Annie, you know I only have eyes for you," he teased. He leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh pah," she said pushing him away. "You could never handle the likes of me."

"You're probably right Annie." Chakotay leaned over to give his daughter a kiss on her cheek, and left the two ladies to their giggles.